SRM Torque Analysis
SRM Torque Analysis
“I've always wondered how smooth my pedal stroke was under load. The SRM Scientific Torque Analysis system combined with a detailed explanation from the AtheltiCamps team gave me visual insight as to what my stroke was doing. I now have a clear plan as to what I need to do to improve and cannot wait to test it again in the future. Thanks AthletiCamps!” -Josh Carling, Marc Pro Strava Cycling Team
Measuring your pedal stroke's torque is one of the best methods to optimize cadence at different intensity levels, help improve your bike fit, and monitor the injury rehabilitation progress. Our SRM PowerMeter torque analysis system gives you a complete graphical distribution of power during all 360 degrees of the pedal revolution. This information allows us to analyze the strengths and weaknesses of different pedaling styles.
What is torque analysis?
TA is the collection of the actual force applied to the pedals at multiple points during the pedal stroke, indicating exactly what measure of force is applied at each point to give an understanding of how balanced the entire pedal stroke is.
How does it work?
Using our Retül adjustable bike with an adjustable SRM TA crank attached, you will be guided through a testing protocol that will produce differing loads and strains under various conditions. This robust collection of data analyzes all aspects of the pedal strokes in multiple environments (e.g. going easy versus tempo versus maximum output). Collected data is prepared into a graphical report with accompanying data analysis. At the end of the test, you receive a comprehensive evaluation and summary. From the results, we prepare a plan with exercises so that you know exactly what you need to do to improve.
What does it tell you?
· State of pedaling technique smoothness
· Functional weakness (injury, alignment, etc)
· Right side versus left side comparison
What benefits do I get from the test?
· Identify bike fit issues and remedies (either incorporate with a fit, or use as a prescription on how to adjust current fit)
· Establish optimal aerodynamic position
· Prescribe exercises to address the weakness and imbalance
· Monitor results of therapy to ensure progress and success
· Optimize torque production in both legs to prevent over-fatigue/failure in one leg
The SRM Science PowerMeter is used by cycling federations, universities, and sports science labs around the world.